[Haskell-cafe] Fixity parsing, Template Haskell

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 07:54:11 EST 2008

> Of course, this would require a change to Template Haskell, so a
> second-best solution would be to forbid unparenthesised expressions in
> my quasiquoter. Then, parsing can proceed correctly without knowing
> the fixities. This would be easiest to do if haskell-src-exts changed
> its AST in a similar way to described above for Template Haskell.

I'm not sure I follow you here. In what way would it be simpler if HSE
changes its AST to a less-information constructor? I won't do that,
for the same reason you point out with TH and disadvantages when using
it as a library, though I'm still curious what uses you envision and
how it would be made easier. I'm still in the process of designing the
fixity support for HSE, and all input is valuable. :-)

Cheers,

/Niklas