[Haskell-cafe] GHC 6.10 and OpenGL

Paul L ninegua at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 15:31:17 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

It's sad to see the OpenGL binding being dropped from GHC binary
installers starting from 6.10. Though this issue has been brought up
and discussed before, I'm sure a lot of people who based their work on
OpenGL would share the same sympathy.

I'm not here to argue whether this decision by GHC dev team is right
or wrong, but what's really causing the pain is that the OpenGL
binding doesn't have its own binary installer for Windows, and
compilation from source on this platform is non-trivial. I wouldn't
recommend doing it for ordinary users.

So my question is, are we going to see a binary installer for OpenGL
binding provided separately from either HOpenGL site, or Hackage? Or
even the GHC installation page?

--
Regards,
Paul Liu