[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] GHC 6.10 and OpenGL

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 23 10:12:13 EST 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-23 at 09:24 -0500, Jeff Heard wrote:
> Duncan, what kind of help do you need on the Haskell Platform install?
>  I have access to VMs running windows XP and Vista.

The haskell-platform meta-package is here:
darcs get http://code.haskell.org/haskell-platform/

This specifies the list of packages and their exact versions. We need to
make sure this builds ok on all platforms. So that's the first step.

We plan to use the same windows installer builder that ghc uses, but to
install a few more packages. The inno setup script is in the ghc tree in
distrib/ghc.iss

So the second step if you want to help with that is getting the existing
ghc installer building ok. We'll start from a binary install image of
ghc, then build the non-core libs and add them to the install image.
Finally we build the installer. As much as possible we want to automate
this and keep the scripts in the haskell-platform repo.

Duncan