[Haskell-cafe] Health effects

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 3 15:50:41 EDT 2008

Paul Johnson wrote:
> Andrew Coppin wrote:
>>
>> Oh, no. The entire bar is 2 Kg, I wasn't actually planning to eat the
>> whole thing! o_O My god, my pancreas would explode or something...
> My Dad once ate two bars of dark cooking chocolate.  He said he got
> some odd visual distortions; flickering auras around things, and size
> distortions where small things looked big and big things looked small.

I understand that chocolate does contain chemicals which are actually
moderately toxic. (It just doesn't contain very much of them - or at
least, the normal *milk* chocolate doesn't. Dark chocolate would
presumably contain more of these.)

For what it's worth, 80% of my diet is cheese, and 10% is chocolate.
Apparently that particular combination is supposed to have all sorts of
dire effects (including severe headaches). I suffer no such symptoms
that I'm aware of. Never have. (But then, people tell me they get a
"lift" from caffine, and I find no such effect. Nor do I have severe
withdrawal symptoms when I stop taking it.)

Maybe I'm just weird? (Oh, wait... I use Haskell!)

In other news... apparently chocolate is leathaly toxic to dogs. Random.