[Haskell-cafe] Linux binary dist problems

Chris Mears chris at cmears.id.au
Sun Oct 5 20:16:25 EDT 2008

> It looks from the porting guide that I might be able to make 6.6.2
> with just a C compiler, can I then use that to build 6.8.3?

I have the same problem as you -- a hosting environment with an old libc
-- and had the same problem with the binary distribution.  I think you
can do what you have suggested, but I haven't tried.  Instead I have
decided to build a static binary on a local computer and then put that
binary onto the host; maybe this is a solution for you too.