[Haskell-cafe] Name for Haskell based VPN Client/Server

John Van Enk vanenkj at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 21:19:17 EDT 2008

Hmm...

I like Securry, but I'm going to go ahead and shorten it to Scurry.
I also like HaPN a lot.

Any suggestions why either of these would be better than the other? Perhaps
a third party candidate would be more appropriate?

So...
1. Scurry
2. HaPN
3. ???

(bah, sorry Brandon, reply all, reply all reply all...)

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 9:15 PM, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH <
allbery at ece.cmu.edu> wrote:

> On 2008 Oct 6, at 20:56, ajb at spamcop.net wrote:
>
>> Quoting John Van Enk <vanenkj at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> I'm working on a Haskell based VPN. I can't think of any good names, so
>>> I'm
>>> crowd sourcing it.
>>>

>> (elided abuse of Old Possum)
>> I'd be tempted to pick a word starting with "lan" and put a "v" in front
>> of it.  My favourite VLANscape in particular.  It sounds professional,
>>

> I would advise against, as a VLAN is a very different beast from a VPN.
>
> --
> brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery at kf8nh.com
> system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu
> electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon university    KF8NH

/jve