[Haskell-cafe] An irritating Parsec problem

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Thu Oct 16 13:39:24 EDT 2008

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008, Andrew Coppin wrote:

> Actually, I added this to my real parser, and it actually seems to do exactly
> what I want. Give it an invalid expression and it immediately pinpoints
> exactly where the problem is, why it's a problem, and what you should be doing
> instead. Neat!

Yep. There're some wrinkles (normally involving negation in the grammar),
but by and large it gets it right - and doubly so if you sprinkle <?>s
around.

flippa at flippac.org

"I think you mean Philippa. I believe Phillipa is the one from an
alternate universe, who has a beard and programs in BASIC, using only
gotos for control flow." -- Anton van Straaten on Lambda the Ultimate