[Haskell-cafe] building c2hs on Mac

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 06:38:11 EDT 2008

Hello,

I've been trying to build c2hs-0.15.1 on an Intel Mac (10.4), and am
having some difficulty.  It has dependencies on happy and alex, which
would be fine, except that alex itself seems to require alex (using
alex 2.2).  Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get around
this?  I have ghc-6.8.3 and ghc-6.10 RC, and could use either.

Last time I tried to build c2hs on a mac I think I used macports,
which worked fine, except that's not an option this time because the
computer in question isn't (and won't be) online.  I'd have to rebuild
ghc anyway, which I don't want to do.

Thanks,
John Lato