[Haskell-cafe] HDBC Oracle bindings(?/!)

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Oct 30 13:48:20 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:38:28AM -0300, Thiago Arrais wrote:
> Are there Oracle bindings for HDBC anywhere? The HDBC project page talks about
> Oracle backends but there isn't an Oracle-specific driver listed (I assume one
> can reach an Oracle backend through the ODBC interface?).

That is the idea, and I believe some are doing it.

If there is a problem connecting to Oracle via ODBC, that should be
addressed at the ODBC layer.  Once ODBC is working, HDBC should work
fine.

I have no Oracle databases under my mangement or available to me, so I
unfortunately can't test.

I would certainly happily reference anyone's native Oracle HDBC
backend too, though!

-- John