[Haskell-cafe] packages and QuickCheck

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Sep 10 16:11:38 EDT 2008

Ketil Malde wrote:
> "Conal Elliott" <conal at conal.net> writes:
>
>> Thanks a bunch for these tips.  I haven't used the flags feature of cabal
>> before, and i don't seem to be able to get it right.
>
> Another option might be to have the test command build via 'ghc
> --make' instead of Cabal - this way, you can avoid mentioning testing
> libraries altogether in the cabal file.

This is the approach I have often taken in the past, but it imposes
somewhat of a maintenance burden because you mus tthen make sure that
the ghc command line flags are kept in-sync what what you're doing in
the cabal file -- -X options, packages used, etc.  This becomes even
more difficult if your cabal file is doing any sort of dynamic
configuration.