[Haskell-cafe] Re: Where is OpenGL loadMatrix ?

Bit Connor bit at mutantlemon.com
Thu Sep 25 10:39:26 EDT 2008

withMatrix doesn't seem to have anything to do with glLoadMatrix.

You are right that you can do glLoadMatrix with loadIdentity and multMatrix.

To directly load a matrix, use the function "matrix" (with a Nothing
argument). This will internally call the loadMatrix function that
Krzysztof mentioned (which is correctly not exported).

Note that in addition to loading a matrix, the "matrix" function is
also used for retrieving the current matrix. (glGetFloatv with
argument GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX and friends).