[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: vacuum-cairo: a cairo frontend to vacuum for live Haskell data visualization

Sebastian Fischer sebf at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Wed Apr 1 05:40:39 EDT 2009

On Apr 1, 2009, at 4:02 AM, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> Yes, if the libsvg-cairo library is found when you run configure for
> gtk2hs, it will be built.

The version of libsvg-cairo that I have installed from MacPorts does
not seem to work together with the native GTK+ framework for Macs.
Reconfiguring gtk2hs still tells me:

* The following packages will be built:
* svgcairo       : no

Although the installer for the native GTK+ framework does not mention
svg-cairo, it seems to be included:

$ ls /Library/Frameworks/Cairo.framework/Resources/dev/lib/pkgconfig/
cairo-svg.pc
/Library/Frameworks/Cairo.framework/Resources/dev/lib/pkgconfig/cairo-
svg.pc

Or am I misinterpreting the existence of this file?

Trying to force gtk2hs to build svgcairo with --enable-svg complains:
"librsvg requirement not met".

Installing librsvg from MacPorts failed, but I guess it wouldn't have
worked together with the native GTK+ anyway.

Cheers,
Sebastian