[Haskell-cafe] Announcement: Beta of Leksah IDE available

jutaro jnf at arcor.de
Wed Apr 1 16:01:50 EDT 2009

Hi Neil,

Neil Mitchell wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just tried it out, a few notes:
>
> * Very easy install - if only gtk2hs could be installed with cabal it
> would have been perfect.
>
> * Select the package you have installed. I didn't have a clue what to
> do here. Do you mean where I keep my Haskell programs? Or where GHC
> installs them? Can't you figure it out - its a confusing dialog which
> looks redundant.

I guess you mean the dialog which should help leksah to find sources
for installed packages. It needs this so you can go to all the definitions
in the base packages ... This is very handy if it works. Look to the manual
for details.

Neil Mitchell wrote:

> * Turning off "To Candy" was an essential first step for me! I can
> perhaps see <- as candy, but replacing $ with diamond is just
> confusing.

Yeah, I've should have taken this out. But just edit the candy file to your
taste.

Neil Mitchell wrote:

> * I opened a .cabal file, and expected to see the files in the source
> in a Window somewhere. I didn't.

Yes, thats a bit of a problem. As 1. the project has to be compiled. and 2.
metadata has to be collected. Then it appears in the modules window.

Neil Mitchell wrote:

> * The UI feels a little clunky, this could be the Gtk feel of the app
> (which in time I'd get over), or the choice of UI (the left-pane is
> quite large). Anything you could do to simplify/streamline the UI
> would be great.

You can do some adjustments on your own. On MS Windows we have some problems
though.

Neil Mitchell wrote:

> All in all looks quite neat. This is definitely going somewhere, and
> looks like it will be quite good by the end.

Thanks
Jürgen