[Haskell-cafe] cabal haddock and Paths_Xxx

Martijn van Steenbergen martijn at van.steenbergen.nl
Mon Apr 6 14:32:57 EDT 2009

Hello,

cabal generates a Paths_Xxx file for me which I import and use, but
cabal haddock doesn't seem to like it much.

If I don't specify the generated module at all in my cabal file, cabal
haddock generates visible documentation for the module, which is not
what I want: the module should stay internal.

If I specify it in either Exposed-Modules or Other-Modules, 'cabal
configure; cabal haddock' fails with:

> cabal: can't find source for Paths_Xxx in ., dist/build/autogen

While 'cabal configure; cabal build; cabal haddock' fails with:

> cabal: can't find source for module Paths_Xxx

Can I have the best of both, i.e. generate docs without problems and use
the generated module?

Thanks,

Martijn.