[Haskell-cafe] Re: GHC: compile using multiple cores?

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Thu Apr 9 10:51:53 EDT 2009

Peter Verswyvelen <bugfact at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to use all CPU cores when compiling with GHC and/or
> Cabal?

Nope. Last thing I heard is that file-parallel compilation is low
priority as not much would be gained anyway due to excessive
cross-package stuff that's done and much stricter dependencies than say
C (which you can compile in about any order you like). I guess if such
a thing happens, it'd be most likely in the form of strategically
placed `par`'s inside of compiler stages.