[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Elerea, another FRP library

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 17:19:22 EDT 2009

If you're interested in the history of FRP (which I think isn't too bad) you
could read
- the book "Haskell School of Expression <http://www.haskell.org/soe/> ",
which contains a good introduction to classical FRP.
-  "The Yampa Arcade<http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/yale/papers/haskell-workshop03/yampa-arcade.pdf>"
paper, to get introduced to newer arrow-based FRP.

- FRAG,  <http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Frag>a Quake-like game written
in Yampa

- "Genuinely Functional User
Interfaces<http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/yale/papers/haskellworkshop01/genuinely-functional-guis.pdf>"
to see how user interfaces could be made with arrow-based FRP

The newest FRP approaches are Reactive and Grapefruit, but these don't  have
a lot of examples yet.

For Reactive, besides the nice FRP tutorial that was mentioned, you might
want to look at David's Sankel
tutorials<http://netsuperbrain.com/blog/posts/introducing-reactive-behaviors/>

The examples for Grapefruit can be found in the darcs repos as mentioned
here <http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Grapefruit>