[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hmatrix-static: statically-sized linear algebra
reiner.pope at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 21:27:31 EDT 2009
I am pleased to announce hmatrix-static, a thin wrapper over
Alberto Ruiz's excellent hmatrix library for linear algebra.
The main additions of hmatrix-static over hmatrix are:
- vectors and matrices have their length encoded in their types
- vectors and matrices may be constructed and destructed using view
patterns, affording a clean, safe syntax.
hmatrix-static includes statically-sized versions of hmatrix's linear
algebra routines, including:
- simple arithmetic (addition, multiplication, of matrices and vectors)
- matrix inversion and least squares solutions
- determinants / rank / condition number
- computing eigensystems
- factorisations: svd, qr, cholesky, hessenberg, schur, lu
- exponents and sqrts of matrices
See http://code.haskell.org/hmatrix-static/examples/ for example code.
Installation and requirements:
Because of the use of type families and view patterns, hmatrix-static
requires GHC 6.10 to build.
The linear algebra routines are ultimately implemented by BLAS, GSL
and LAPACK; see the hmatrix manual  for instructions on installing
these, prior to installing hmatrix.
Once this has been done, hmatrix-static can be installed by
$ cabal install hmatrix-static
I would be very interested in your feedback, so please try it out.
More information about the Haskell-Cafe