[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Elerea, another FRP library

Patai Gergely patai_gergely at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 12 18:28:09 EDT 2009

> seems something is wrong with either your time sampling or performance,
> because I get rather jerky movement when playing the breakout or the
> chase demo. did you notice that too?
No, it was always smooth for me. But I only tried it on 64-bit machines
and only with ghc-6.10.2.

> at what rate are you sampling? if you are sampling at a lower rate as the
> video vsync, you might want to perform interpolation between two "logical
> frames"  as jules bean did in his own reactive planets demo.
The breakout example has a zero threadDelay in its main loop, because
that apparently causes a break with the length of a scheduler tick,
essentially giving an 50 Hz sampling rate. The chase example has no
delay added at all, and it goes over 2500 fps for me.

                          or over the web