[Haskell-cafe] Re: Best text editor

Maurí­cio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 20:23:02 EDT 2009

> Hi I would like to follow the crowd and find out what text editor everyone
> uses for haskell on windows.
>
> Thx in advanced

I don't use editors with automatic indentation. Instead,
I forget the layout rule (i.e., module Main (main) where
{main = putStrLn Hi where {Hi="Hello World"}}). Then
I send the result to a pretty printer. It's a lot easier
to get code to make the parser happy without layout, and
pretty printers do a really good job.

Problem is, my pretty printer stoped working. There's
'hstidy' in hackage, but I'm not sure it's alive.

Best,
Maurício