[Haskell-cafe] Best text editor

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Tue Apr 14 04:24:11 EDT 2009

Michael Mossey wrote:
> I'm a beginner, but I'll chime in and say I use Emacs with haskell-mode.
> It's auto-indentation is a bit complex in behavior which is unappealing
> (I feel like I never know what it's going to do when I hit tab), but I
> would be curious what someone with more experience feels about that.

Yes. Don't use it.

Use this:

http://kuribas.hcoop.net/haskell-indentation.el

(The message from Stefan appears to suggest this will be bundled with
the next haskell-mode release - that's excellent news).

It is much more predictable - TAB always moves right to the next valid
position, BACKSPACE always moves left.