[Haskell-cafe] Non-atomic "atoms" for type-level programming

Tillmann Rendel rendel at cs.au.dk
Tue Apr 14 14:01:58 EDT 2009

> - if type-level tags (such as 'data TTrue'/'data TFalse') are declared
>    repeatedly in separate modules, they represent separate types,
>    preventing shared use (your type-level predicate doesn't return
>    my version of 'TTrue'/'TFalse')

How is the need for a common import for 'data TTrue; data TFalse'
different then the need for a common import for 'data Bool = True | False'?

Clearly, the advent of type-level programming necessitates the design of
a type-level standard library, which provides standard abstractions to
enable interoperation of custom libraries. But I don't see why the
module system should not scale to type-level programming.

   Tillmann