[Haskell-cafe] Re: Looking for the fastest Haskell primes

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Thu Apr 16 05:28:52 EDT 2009

But things are a little more complicated than that.
If the () argument to primes' is not used in calculating the primes
then ghc might decide to lift the computed list of primes into a top
level CAF, and so you will have a memory leak anyway.
If ghc does so or not depends, e.g., on the optimization level.

  -- Lennart