[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Helpful libraries to implement a board game?

Conrad Meyer konrad at tylerc.org
Sun Apr 19 17:39:05 EDT 2009

On Sunday 19 April 2009 01:39:40 pm Frank Rosemeier wrote:
> Dear Haskellers,
>
> I would like to implement a board game for a single player in Haskell.
> The pieces may be moved one step in any direction if there is no
> piece next to it,
> and the goal is to rearrange the pieces to their home positions.
> The Haskell program should find an optimal solution (with minimal
> number of moves).
>
> Can anybody recommend some helpful libraries for this task?
> Any hints are very welcome!
>

> Frank Rosemeier

(This should probably be on haskell-cafe, so I'm moving it there, CC-ing the
author.)

Hi,

If you're interested in gametree search (i.e. game AI), which it sounds like
you are, then the game-tree library on Hackage may interest you[0].

[0]: http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/game-tree

Regards,
--
Conrad Meyer <konrad at tylerc.org>