[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: Utrecht Haskell Compiler (UHC) -- first release

Miguel Mitrofanov miguelimo38 at yandex.ru
Mon Apr 20 06:12:14 EDT 2009

I disagree. First of all, UHC states explicitly that some features are not supported (and probably never would be). Secondly, it seems like
almost nobody uses (n+k)-patterns, and when they are used, they make the code less readable; so it's good NOT to support them, in order to make
programmers avoid them as much as possible. I don't think #ifdef's would be really "all over the place"; it's more likely that a minor
refactoring would take place so that (n+k)-patterns would disappear.