[Haskell-cafe] Cabal's default install location

Thomas Davie tom.davie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 03:20:11 EDT 2009

There seems to be an assumption amongst the community that a user's
home directory is the most useful place for cabal to install to by
default.  A few people have challenged that.  I wanted to find out
which one most people do actually prefer, so please go and vote on
this poll.

http://noordering.wordpress.com/2009/04/21/cabals-default-install-location/

It's no more than a straw poll, I don't know how protected it is
against ballot stuffing, but I'm pretty confident that Haskellers are
trustworthy enough not to play with it that way.

I'll tell you all the result next week.

Bob