[Haskell-cafe] Re: Cabal's default install location

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Fri Apr 24 09:04:27 EDT 2009

"Richard O'Keefe" <ok at cs.otago.ac.nz> wrote:

> I have never thought, stated, or implied, that only people
> without superuser access count!  It's just that I and for that
> matter, the sysadmin I talk to most are heartily fed up with the
> assumption that everyone is a sysadmin.

Yes, but I thought you implied exactly that, because I thought you were
asking "Are the ten people not having root access even worth the
bother?". I didn't _mean_ to imply it, either, I _assumed_ you did,
because, frankly, I would have written the same question in a way that
wouldn't have me made that assumption. Not looking at your name before
replying did the rest.

Truth is a three-edged sword, and misunderstandings are great fun.