[Haskell-cafe] Haskell/JS -- better through typeclasses?

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 15:32:01 EDT 2009

2009/04/25 Thomas Hartman <tphyahoo at gmail.com>:
>> I tried using the jhc javascript compiler back end a year or so ago.
>> On second thought, it was yhc, not jhc:
>
> http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/1836

  Yeah, I think that thing has been dead for awhile. Also it
  does a lot more than I want -- I don't want to write my UI
  logic in Haskell at present. The AJAX toolkits are pretty good
  and it would be a waste to try to translate them into Haskell
  and keep them updated.

  I would like to be able to write a lot of supporting code in
  Haskell, though -- like parsers. Actually, parsers are really
  all I care about at present.

--
Jason Dusek