[Haskell-cafe] Haskell/JS -- better through typeclasses?

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Sun Apr 26 11:26:58 EDT 2009

I can't speak for Jason, but for me, this is not very useful. I don't
want to write in a Haskell DSL, I want to write in Haskell. And not
the whole program, either, just the parts that really lend themselves
to functional programming (parsers, numeric computations, code
generators, various algorithms). Which means I need to be able to call
Haskell functions from JavaScript.

I'm not particularly concerned with non-strict evaluation, either.
Strict is preferable wherever it would not alter the outcome.

There is no good Haskell solution for this (though your own work in
this area is clearly the best available). What I'd really like is
something like SMLtoJS (possibly without the reactive library), but
for Haskell. And that does not exist.

Regards,

John A. De Goes
N-BRAIN, Inc.