[Haskell-cafe] Re: Help from C libraries experts

Maurício briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 15:12:30 EDT 2009

>> My goal is to have a place where one can find reliable and
>> comprehensive low-level bindings to foreign libraries, so that
>> writing higher level bindings becomes an easier task.

> (...) In your guidelines, you say:

>> Code should be portable and easy to build.

> Does your understanding of "portable" include Windows?

My thought on that was: anyone trying to wrap a library will
have to solve this kind of problem. So, if it is possible to
write such wrap, at least one solution exist, and 'bindings'
set will try to select the best one for general use. Sometimes,
this may be adding the C code itself, as is my current attempt
on sqlite3.  Sometimes the task can be delegated to pkg-config.

Actually, that is the reason why my first post was a call for
help from libraries experts. This has to be solved on a per
library base.

Thanks,
Maurício