[Haskell-cafe] Announce: EnumMap-0.0.1

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 15:04:54 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Job Vranish<jvranish at gmail.com> wrote:
> Inlining natFromInt and intFromNat improves things considerably.
> EnumMap built with -O2 (not sure the implications of building libraries with
> -O2)

Nice work Job, for some reason it didn't occur to me that the .cabal
omitted -O2.  The remaining question I have about the specialize
pragma is where does this end?  Should it only be specialized for Int?
 Perhaps there are other common instance of Enum that people will end
up using for which we should add a SPECIALIZE.  With N types and M
functions we are talking about N x M rules, which could get ugly fast.

Thomas