[Haskell-cafe] Chicago Haskell User Group?

Tom Tobin korpios at korpios.com
Wed Aug 12 15:13:37 EDT 2009

There isn't a Chicago-area Haskell group, is there?  If not, would
anyone be interested in forming one?  I used to run Chicago's Django
(a Python web framework) group, but lost interest (and since I lived
in the suburbs back then, got sick of the commute).  Unlike Python,
I'm still very much a beginner with Haskell, so I feel I'd be able to
benefit quite a bit from picking the brains of more skilled users and
cooperating with other beginners.  My particular interests are web
development (as that's my professional field) and multimedia
organization (I'm working on a Haskell audio tagging library to help
teach myself the language), but I'm open to learning just about
anything.  :-)