[Haskell-cafe] Re: Changelogs and "available since"

Max Desyatov explicitcall at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 17 13:17:41 EDT 2009

Laszlo Nagy <rizsotto at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I was volunteer to solve this problem:
>   <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/1565>
> In a conversation on the libraries at haskell.org I was suggested to
> scratch my idea here.
>

> I would use hoogle for this. Currently it stores the package name and
> the symbols of the modules about a package.

What do you think about hayoo?  I prefer this to hoogle, as hayoo has
more complete database across hackage packages, AFAIK

> I would extend it to store
> the version of the package as well. Extend the query methods to use
> all the available package description at search. And make a
> VersionRange from the matched Versions.

I wrote some code for doing this a while ago.  Take a look and make some
comments, I can extend this library to satisfy your needs

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/cabal-query