[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haddock: Failed to create dependency graph (when adding sections with * or a module heading)

Jared Updike jupdike at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 12:25:46 EDT 2009

Simple fix (terrible error message):

Move the ( up to the line with the module name. Previous bad code:

    module Data.DualMap
       -- * The @DualMap@ abstract type
       ( DualMap ()
       -- * (?) internal? -- exposed for testing purposes, for now...
       , dmFlip
       -- * converting to and from DualMap
       , toList, fromList, map
       -- * constructing a DualMap
       , empty, null, insert, union

Happy code looks like this:

    module Data.DualMap (
       -- * The @DualMap@ abstract type
         DualMap ()
       -- * (?) internal? -- exposed for testing purposes, for now...
       , dmFlip
       -- * converting to and from DualMap
       , toList, fromList, map
       -- * constructing a DualMap
       , empty, null, insert, union

Simple enough. I found this out by downloading DList [1] from hacakge
and gutting it and replacing the code with my own code. When DList
worked with 'cabal haddock' and mine didn't (when I tried to add some
asterisks), I looked at the difference between the files and sure
enough my parenthesis was on the wrong line.

BTW I highly recommend DList as a starting place for a new Haskell
project instead of hnop [2].

  Jared.

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/dlist-0.5
[2] http://semantic.org/hnop/