[Haskell-cafe] Where does documentation get installed with cabal?

John Dorsey haskell at colquitt.org
Thu Aug 20 14:17:36 EDT 2009

>     >> I'm trying to find the API documentation for happstack 0.3
>     >> (online is for 0.2).
[...]
>     Max> In most cases it is installed in
>     Max> ~/.cabal/share/doc/happstack*/html.  Is there any files at
>     Max> that directory?
>
> There are now, but only a very few. And very little contents in them.
> It's as if the --reinstall were partial.

Perhaps it's in /usr/local/share/doc.  Mine seem to end up there, and I
don't recall whether I specified that at any point.

It's not in my ~/.cabal/config, but I am using the very helpful
  user-install: False
  documentation: True

I suspect /usr/local/share/doc is the default for documentation in global
installs, but I can't go verify that at the moment.

Regards,
John