[Haskell-cafe] Suggestion: define a standard keyboard codes library?

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:47:38 EDT 2009

I would already be happy with a low level library that holds the union of
all keys, assigning them unique codes. So you would have keys like Apple,
Amiga, Windows, Start, Popup, LeftControl, RightControl, etc... No mapping
is done at the low level.
Then one would need an OS dependent interface to figure out which keys are
available.

Which keyboard bindings (like CTRL+C or CTRL+INSERT) are assigned to which
user interface commands is a high level binding, which in the perfect UI is
configurable anyway, although the OS dependent interface should provide a
lot of defaults (again different on each system)

However I only have experience with Windows, Amiga, a bit of OSX and tiny
bit of Linux, so I don't know all the details of all esoteric systems.

For now I will just use the bindings in the GLFW package.