Re[Haskell-cafe] duction Sequence of simple Fibonacci sequence implementation

staafmeister g.c.stavenga at uu.nl
Fri Aug 28 05:54:38 EDT 2009

Thanks for the memo trick! Now I understand that the haskell compiler
cannot memoize functions of integers, because it could change the space
behaviour. However I think it could memoize everything else. Because all
types that are data objects sitting in memory (so the arg is essentially a
reference)
can be memoized, without changing the space properties (except for overall
constants). Does haskell do this? And if it doesn't can you turn it on?

Cheers, Gerben