[Haskell-cafe] Re: Snow Leopard Breaks GHC

Tom Tobin korpios at korpios.com
Mon Aug 31 22:31:29 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Dmitri Sosnik<dimavs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31/08/2009, at 9:02 PM, Christian Maeder wrote:
>
>> Dmitri Sosnik wrote:
>>>
>>> How I can tell gcc to generate 32 bit code? I've tried to set
>>> CFLAGS=-m32, but it doesn't work.
>>
>> (Flags do not work -- without Makefile) Pass
>>

> Stupid me :-)
>
>> -optc-m32 -opta-m32 -optl-m32
>>

> Yep, it work. Thanks!

Hmm ... running Snow Leopard here, I added these arguments to my
/usr/bin/ghc (and my /usr/bin/ghci, and /usr/bin/runhaskell, for good
measure), and I end up getting the following error on "cabal update"
after installing cabal-install:

*****
cabal: user error (Codec.Compression.Zlib: incompatible version)
*****

Earlier in the cabal-install bootstrap process, I get the following line:

*****
ld: warning: in
/Library/Frameworks/GHC.framework/Versions/610/usr/lib/ghc-6.10.4/libgmp.a,
file is not of required architecture
*****

I'm guessing something's still not being set to 32-bit?