[Haskell-cafe] seems like I'm on the wrong track

Michael Mossey mpm at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Dec 1 20:55:00 EST 2009

Thanks for the reply. Was there something specific you were referring to,
or just the idea that he wrote Haskore? Haskore is not very closely related
to what I'm trying to do. I believe he has a CSound back end for Haskore,
but it is in a rough state and not closely related to what I'm trying to
do. Most computer music packages have a fairly well-defined idea of a
musical event, and events usually get translated one-to-one into another
language. I have a quite messy problem which is describable as a big state
machine, at least in the way I think of it. An input "event" can trigger a
cascade of changes to the state. Channel numbers must be assigned and
tracked, table numbers as well, decisions about whether to create a new
table or re-use an old one, global variables and commands added and/or
modified, etc. So I am hoping for a comment from that perspective.

Thanks,
Mike