[Haskell-cafe] Finding HP

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Wed Dec 2 17:44:57 EST 2009

On Dec 2, 2009, at 2:29 PM, Don Stewart wrote:

> It is listed right on the front page, twice.

Whoa, Andrew, you really can predict the future!!!  Any stock market tips?

On a more serious note, "Download Haskell" /= "Download Haskell Platform", so if I were glancing down the sidebar looking for a link to download the "Haskell Platform" then the first link wouldn't have registered for me.  And putting a "X has been released link!" in the news does not count as a prominent download link.

Furthermore, when someone offers feedback designed to improve a page, and does so in a very non-threatening way:

On Dec 2, 2009, at 2:26 PM, Andrew Coppin wrote:

> My suggestion is that if we really want people to grab the HP rather than download GHC directly, maybe we could make the link slightly more prominent? It also wouldn't hurt to mention it from the "Implementations" page, and maybe the GHC homepage? Just a suggestion...

... then in my own humble opinion, snapping back with "Are you sure this isn't user error?" is not a particularly nice response.

- Greg