[Haskell-cafe] Finding HP

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Thu Dec 3 11:43:29 EST 2009

vandijk.roel:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Gregory Crosswhite
> <gcross at phys.washington.edu> wrote:
> > On a more serious note, "Download Haskell" /= "Download Haskell Platform", so if I were glancing down the sidebar looking for a link to download the "Haskell Platform" then the first link wouldn't have registered for me.  And putting a "X has been released link!" in the news does not count as a prominent download link.
>
> If I wanted to know something *about* the *Haskell Platform* I would
> click the link The Haskell Platform under the section About. So it is
> actually mentioned 3 times on the front page. What could be improved
> are the 2 download links: "Download Haskell" and "Download GHC". It
> would perhaps be better to have one nice big "Download" button that
> takes you to a separate download page.

Having a single download link that only points to the Haskell Platform
would be a bit of a policy shift. Is the community ready to accept that
users looking for "Haskell" should be given the HP binaries?

If so, I can change it to have a single "Download" button. Though it
might be preferable to do that after the next release (the first
non-beta release).

-- Don