[Haskell-cafe] I miss OO

Matthias Görgens matthias.goergens at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 3 20:00:47 EST 2009

> It would be fantastic to have a little practical real-world challenge
> (like building a simple music system, or a simple multi-channel sound
> mixer), and work this out in an imperative language, an
> object-oriented language, a functional language, and maybe other
> languages too, like logic languages or constraint languages (does the
> latter exist?)

There are some constraint languages.  But I do not know whether they
are general purpose (or even Turing complete).  I have used ZIMPL,
which is a language for specifying mixed integer linear optimization
problems (which is somewhat related to constraint programming).
Though it would not be useful for a music system.