[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: Blueprint 0.1 -- PREVIEW

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Fri Dec 4 14:26:13 EST 2009

Yes, that is because at this time Blueprint is presently of a lower quality than other packages on Hackage.  ;-)  At the moment you need to execute the setup script manually:

	runhaskell Setup.hs bootstrap
	./Setup configure
	./Setup build +RTS -N4 -RTS
	./Setup install

(The "+RTS -N4 -RTS" part is optional;  it just tells Setup to use up to 4 threads to do building in parallel where possible.)

I have known about the problem that you just mentioned --- that is, although running "cabal configure" and "cabal build" in the build directory works just fine, "cabal install" does not work ---  but because my .cabal file looked fine I assumed until now that it was just a quirk of the "cabal" program.  I only just now figured out that to make "cabal install" work I need to make sure that the build dependencies are listed in the Library section rather than only in the main section, as otherwise cabal refuses to simply run "Setup install" even though that actually takes care of everything for it!

Anyway, thank you for checking out Blueprint!  At this point it might be better to pull the sources directly from github (the "Home Page" link) since I have made many improvements since that release (though I haven't fixed the "cabal install" problem yet).  And I do plan on thoroughly polishing and documenting Blueprint one of these days.  :-)

Cheers,
Greg