[Haskell-cafe] Greetings! 2D Graphics?

Michael Steele mikesteele81 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:03:42 EST 2009

> I admit author's bias, but I suggest graphics-drawingcombinators.  It is a
> 2D drawing library based on OpenGL with a pure interface (no IO, except to
> finally render your drawing), and supports all the stuff you want except
> clipping.
>
> It uses the SDL bindings, which I have heard are not easy to
> install on windows, but go smooth as a baby's bottom on ubuntu.
>
> Luke

I'll second this.  I started using graphics-drawingcombinators about a month
ago so I could easily convert SDL Surfaces into 2D sprites within OpenGL.  The
entire haddock synopsis fits on a single browser page, making it extremely
easily to start using and build off of.

You might also want to take a look at Conrad Barski's picnic tutorial at
http://www.lisperati.com/haskell/, where he does some work with 2D graphics by
generating .svg files.

-- Michael Steele.