[Haskell-cafe] New Hackage category: Error Handling

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Sat Dec 5 10:52:11 EST 2009

Careful Gregory, you've hit a hot-button issue: you have dared to refer to
exceptions as errors!

For the record, I find this pedanticism misplaced, as the line between the
two is rather blurry. Nonetheless, for control-monad-failure and attempt, we
purposely refer to the whole slew of "things not succeeding" as "failure"s.
Not to be confused with public enemy number 2 of Haskell users: the "fail"
function.

</tongue-in-cheek>

Michael