pexports Was: Re: [Haskell-cafe] binding to C libraries on Windows was Low Level Audio - Writing bytes to the sound card?

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Wed Dec 9 15:05:53 EST 2009

Stephen Tetley wrote:

> If there are compelling uses that aren't covered by pexports and would
> ease Haskell C binding problems on Windows, I don't mind polishing up
> my tool, but otherwise I've exhausted my natural interest.

I think the main problem you'll face is that pexports is a windows
only tool. If cabal can be made to use pexports on windows and something
else on Unix then that should be ok.

If you expect people writing Haskell bindings in Unix to jump though
hoops to hook pexports into a windows specific build, you are heading
for disappointment :-).

Erik