[Haskell-cafe] Re: Allowing hyphens in identifiers

John D. Earle JohnDEarle at cox.net
Wed Dec 9 18:26:23 EST 2009

The problem that I see with elision resulting in juxtaposition is that it
would alter the layout. Each line would not have the same number of
characters before and after the makeover. Visual appearance would also be
altered. Replacing hyphens with underscores as I originally proposed would
alleviate both of these problems.

There is also the matter of canonicalization for the purposes of comparing
identifiers. Would it be wise for the a version that lacks hyphens be
regarded as equivalent to one that does?