[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: Will GHC finally support epoll in 2009?

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Thu Dec 10 12:48:31 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 5:01 AM, Johann Höchtl <johann.hoechtl at gmail.com>wrote:

> > Yes. I'm working on a patch at the moment.
>
> Is there something planed to happen in 2010?

Retooling the I/O manager isn't a huge job, but it requires the equivalent
of several weeks of work. I tossed out my initial attempt at a patch because
I didn't have time to work on it, so I'm back to square one. Johan Tibell
and I have had occasional discussions about picking up the thread again, but
we've had a busy year and it's moderately demanding work, so nothing has
actually happened.

If I develop the time and energy to take a serious crack at it, I will post
here to let people know. This would be an effort where having multiple
people work on different implementations concurrently would be a shame.