[Haskell-cafe] Re: Optimizing Parsec 3 -- was: Wiki software?

Paulo Tanimoto tanimoto at arizona.edu
Tue Dec 15 16:22:35 EST 2009

Hi Bryan,

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at serpentine.com> wrote:

> Where would I look to find a darcs repo with your changes? It would be great
> to see parsec3 finally replace parsec2. Besides the performance issue, are
> there any other considerations keeping it from becoming the default?
> (I'd also like to write up a patch to add Data.Text support, not
> surprisingly.)

This is the darcs repository, it's Antoine's work:

http://community.haskell.org/~aslatter/code/parsec/cps

I don't know about the second question, I think performance and just
inertia were the big factors.  I don't know, for example, if it's like
quickcheck, where the new version is missing a few things that the old
one provided.  Everything appears to work for Pandoc though.

Data.Text support would be wonderful!

Paulo