[Haskell-cafe] naming naming conventions (was: Re: Allowing hyphens in identifiers)

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Fri Dec 18 00:04:17 EST 2009

Richard O'Keefe wrote:
> (Why do people call
> baStudly syle "camel"?  Is there somewhere in the world a
> species of camel with three or four humps, like
> XmlNodeSansChildren?)

camelCase differs from StudlyCaps in the case of the first character
(that is, XmlNodeSansChildren is *not* camelCase). The camel name can
perhaps be justified by the hump shape when only two or three words are
involved. This thread is the only place I've ever heard of baStudlyCaps.

--
Live well,
~wren