[Haskell-cafe] GHC 6.12 on OS X 10.5

Aaron Tomb atomb at galois.com
Tue Dec 22 10:39:01 EST 2009

On Dec 21, 2009, at 5:03 PM, Thomas Schilling wrote:

> It's probably just the search path ordering, no?  I.e., if you add
> something on the command line or in .cabal/config it gets added to
> the beginning of the search path.  Then again, there are cases where
> you'd want the macports version and others where you'd want the
> default version.

Yes, it's almost certainly just the search path ordering. The problem
is to get GHC to use the correct ordering. I've tried exporting

   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/opt/local/lib

so that /usr/lib comes first. This doesn't seem to help. And it
certainly is true that in some cases you want to prefer the MacPorts
version, and in some cases you want to prefer the system version.

Do we need some more flexible options to GHC, giving users more
control on the ordering of libraries on the linker command line?

Aaron